Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Pita Quote

I'm also having problems feeding the film into my PC. Got two rolls in there through a slot, but still can't see anything on the screen. Any suggestions?
You'll need the E6-HC reader, unless you have the older K-25 or possible C-41 format issues.

01-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #107
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
You'll need the E6-HC reader, unless you have the older K-25 or possible C-41 format issues.
SpecialK, I think you're onto something. It is C-41. Thank you!
01-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Pita Quote
Tell me about it! The rear LCD on a Pentax 35mm I got last year off eBay NEVER worked. It's just a dead black frame. Can't find any firmware for it at all on the Pentax site, as usual. I changed the battery and that didn't help. It's so useless I just stuck the end flap off a film carton inside, so I can at least remember what film I'm using. At least the viewfinder works, but how long will the battery for THAT last before it goes dead?

I'm also having problems feeding the film into my PC. Got two rolls in there through a slot, but still can't see anything on the screen. Any suggestions?
That's weird - the LCD on the back of my ME Super always read Kodak something or other, although a few times it went on the fritz and said Ilford.
01-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
That's weird - the LCD on the back of my ME Super always read Kodak something or other, although a few times it went on the fritz and said Ilford.

This seems to be a fault with more than pentax, the screen on my bronica say Rollie right now, and my KM says Fuji

01-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #110
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Ilford? Are you sure you don't have an ME Super SE?
01-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #111
Veteran Member

I dunno ... I got a deal on Ebay on this Cannon and must say that this model at least is kind of heavy and bulky to the point of being intimidating to the subjects and as such useless for candids, at least in the shutter noise department the K-5 definitely has an edge ... maybe I should try a Nixon next ...

Last edited by jolepp; 01-30-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo added
01-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
I dunno ... I got a deal on Ebay on this Cannon and must say that this model at least is kind of heavy and bulky to the point of being intimidating to the subjects and as such useless for candids, at least in the shutter noise department the K-5 definitely has an edge ... maybe I should try a Nikon next ...
I can see where it would be hard to take many 'stealth shots' with that model Cannon. I bet lenses are expensive - is that a 750mm aperture? At least the wheels afford some portability...

Paul

01-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I dunno ... I got a deal on Ebay on this Cannon...
Canon does make the most impressive point-and-shoots, but the ergonomics on this model leaves a bit to be desired. Plus, only 4 loads makes it a bit limited - you really have to plan your shots for the greatest impact. It no doubt suffers from high noise, as well.

Last edited by SpecialK; 01-30-2011 at 10:16 PM.
01-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #114
Veteran Member

I hate my camera club, just a bunch of Nikon and Canon owning tossers that judge you by the size of your lens.

Oh wait.

Nevermind.
01-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Rarely have I ever seen a weapon of war look so beautiful. Where was that canon exactly? Who made it? Looks like a work of art that thing...

I dunno ... I got a deal on Ebay on this Cannon and must say that this model at least is kind of heavy and bulky to the point of being intimidating to the subjects and as such useless for candids, at least in the shutter noise department the K-5 definitely has an edge ... maybe I should try a Nixon next ...
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Rarely have I ever seen a weapon of war look so beautiful. Where was that canon exactly? Who made it? Looks like a work of art that thing...
see: Tsar Cannon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
01-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #117
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Incredible! According to the Wiki, the weight is 39 tons?? How could they even move it? Gives new meaning to the term "heavy artillery"...

Paul
01-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #118
Veteran Member

I'd been very happy with my K5 until very recently, when I saw the rumor of a Silver K5 coming out soon. Now I'm not very happy with it because it's not silver
01-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I'd been very happy with my K5 until very recently, when I saw the rumor of a Silver K5 coming out soon. Now I'm not very happy with it because it's not silver
You and me both. Now one has to buy the limiteds in both black and silver. Actually, if it was a "real" camera, it would be released in a 24 carat gold, like the LX.
01-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Incredible! According to the Wiki, the weight is 39 tons?? How could they even move it? Gives new meaning to the term "heavy artillery"...

Paul
I so want to write a pun about "heavy tsartillery", but I won't...