Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2011, 08:43 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

The I Can't Be Happy With My Camera Club

As a service to the community, I have decided to start a thread where everyone who feels the need to run "tests" on their cameras with the intent of finding problems can post.
This way we can amalgamate all of the whiny threads about exposure problems, AF problems, etc into one mega thread.
People could also post about imaginary problems, and even problems they would like to have to help the people who just can't be happy with their cameras find even more things wrong with them.
Please, don't thank me for this, I do this for the betterment of us all.

01-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OK, Let me get a filter on that lens that's only worth $5 and I'll go out in the dark on AF and shoot a few camera jpegs on AWB under a cfl....
You made me spill my coffee, Wheat!
01-18-2011, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No tests for me! I prefer to remain blissfully ignorant of how my gear stacks up to that of others. That way, I might actually find myself doing something before I find out that I'm not supposed to be able to do it.
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Forum Member

I for sure would like to complain about not being happy with my new K-5.
ever since i got the camera it is overcast here and i feel that it has to do with the firmware. I updated the firmware and it seems there are now some breaks in the overcast but barely enough to go out and have some fun.
Colors are dull and horizons foggy. Somehow i believe that we need a firmware fix for this to make sure we have cloudless skies and razor sharp horizons.
There is also something wrong with the WR. Everytime when looking out the window and there is a drizzle and i put the 18-55 WR lens on the camera. Much to my amazement the drizzle will have stopped when i go out the front door. The opposite seems to happen when i put my beloved Sigma 50-150/2.8 on the camera which has no WR.

I think i have to send back the camera for repairs..

01-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Jan, I think your expectations are unreasonable, and it has nothing to do with the cam.

Metering problems are just about never the problem of the camera, but use.

And when you bring focus into it, that confirms what I'm saying here. One thing has nothing to do with the other, and there is nothing "wrong" with the camera.
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Jan, I think your expectations are unreasonable, and it has nothing to do with the cam.

Metering problems are just about never the problem of the camera, but use.
You do realize that Jan's post was pure sarcasm in the spirit of the thread right?
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You do realize that Jan's post was pure sarcasm in the spirit of the thread right?
I didn't, but I believe you.

And I'm depressed that I didn't detect the intent of it.

01-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Ira, I'm sorry you're depressed. It's probably your camera's fault, or maybe you just need some more LBA!

I just picked up a new-to-me K-7 (thanks PentaxForums Marketplace!). Only had it out a couple of times, but it seems to be putting my K10 to shame. Not to nit-pick, however, but does anyone know if the K-7 prevents going out with the wrong lens? With the K10, if I took along an extra lens or 2, I rarely ever switched from what was on the camera. And when I went out with just a short prime I found I wanted a tele or zoom, and vice-versa. I sure hope the K-7 sends out better vibes before I leave the house!
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My snark meter fails from time to time as well.
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
No tests for me! I prefer to remain blissfully ignorant of how my gear stacks up to that of others. That way, I might actually find myself doing something before I find out that I'm not supposed to be able to do it.
You nailed my sentiments exactly.
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would like to complain that I don't have money right now for a defective camera. Just have to keep shooting with the old ones, I guess...
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Doing the opposite simplified my life quite nicely. I can only go out with a tripod to shoot stationary subjects in good light, so I have more time to watch hockey and drink beer.
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I am depressed that you are depressed. But to bring this back on topic, you'll notice that your camera has done a rather poor job on your avatar. It simply doesn't look lifelike. I would send the camera back.

Joking aside...I find the forum sometimes like email....it's not always easy to understand intent.

Last edited by SteveM; 01-18-2011 at 03:08 PM.
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
Inactive Account

lmao

I was taking photos with my K7 for 6 months before I found out what a POS it was. Only took 2 months with the K5. The K10d was a POS the day I bought it but I still managed to get over 6500 pictures out of it.

01-18-2011, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

I'm depressed that ira even posted because what he posts only makes me happy 62.7 percent of the time, mostly in low light situations under tungsten lamps when cold temperatures have frozen my SDM motors. until Ira's posts make me happy at least 82% of the time I'm going to buy all Canon equipment and use screw mount lenses in manual mode but I'll read 63 % of his posts, so I know if he's improving.