Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #1

[langtitle=sv]M42 on Pentax K-x[/langtitle]

Hej
Jag är nybörjare med Pentax. Gillar möjlihgeten att använda gamla objektiv och har köpt några. Har också provat ett med M42. Har en orginaladapter och en pirat. I inget av fallen lyckas jaf få fokus vid längre avstånd än 10 meter. Tror att det är något på objektivet som sticker ut och trasslar. När jag skrivar fast på orginaladaptern lser sig också bländarringen. Har ni något tips?

01-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi PAH, welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure I can understand exactly what you're saying, but usually the inability to get focus at infinity with an M42 lens is due to the wrong type of adapter.

Are you sure the "original" adapter is in fact a genuine Pentax adapter? The type which works properly at infinity will look similar to the photos on this page:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/112710-best-m42-adaptor-3.html

You will see that the adapter fits flush into the camera body. In other words, there is no "flange" which is wider than the aperture in the camera body.

I'm hoping your adapters are both of the flanged type, because this will explain your problem. If not, maybe there is a lens problem. What sort of lens is it?
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I agree with m42man regarding getting the right adapter is important as to being able to focus to infinity or not. Sometimes lenses needs calibration for various reasons. Looking at the Aperture markings may indicate it may simply need to be calibrated. I had a lens that would not focus at infinity. I manage to fix it myself. So make sure you have the right adapter then that will tell you whether it could be the lens. Good luck.

Check this thread...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/68480-infinity...42-lenses.html

Last edited by mjkwee; 01-23-2011 at 08:31 PM.
01-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stupid translator. Can somebody make a decent translation of the original swedish post?

01-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Get the official adapter, unofficial ones tend to be not so great.
01-24-2011, 04:32 AM   #6
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Stupid translator. Can somebody make a decent translation of the original swedish post?
Any girls here from the girls Swedish beach volleyball team?
01-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #7
PAH

Original Poster
Ledsen. Mitt första inlägg är skrivet på engelska och var hyggligt begripligt när jag skickade in det. Nu vet jag inte vad som hänt. Kanske nödvändigt att skriva på svenska om man är ansluten som svensk. Provar det nu. Jag har orginal adapter. Mitt problem hänger samman med att objektivet har en liten utskutande klack på bländarringen. Skall prova att ta bort den när jag får tag i lämpligt verktyg.

01-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Ira
Inactive Account

What is the exact lens model?

By the way:

I love your meatballs!!!
01-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
PAH

Original Poster
Jag har nu slipat bort den utstickande lilla klacken. Allt fungerar som det ska. Det är ett EBO Fujinon Macro f=55 1:3.5 : Försökte lägga upp bilder men misslyckades med att ladda ner till ett album jag skapat här. Fick meddelande om serverproblem. Försöker senare.
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
PAH

Original Poster
Här är en bild som visar den bortslipade klacken.