Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pixel Problems

I noticed these little spots on my last jaunt out with my k100. I have had it for 13 months (Damn it!!!) Does it look stuck or dead? Anyone know how much to fix the problem if I ship to Pentax? I am so sad...

Okay, here is the photo with the lens cap on...3 small dots in kind of a triangle shape center and to the left.

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer

10-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi Jennifer,

I saw a few of these in some of my shots with my K100D a couple months ago. Mine is only 6 months old, and approximately 11000 shutter activations.

Fortunately, mine seem to have "gone away" on their own. I didn't do anything at all, but they're not there anymore. If they persist for you, I can't imagine doing anything short of sending it back to Pentax for repair. I found them quite annoying. Maybe they were there because of heat/temperature during exposure; I saw them during the summer....

One "simple" thing to check is to ensure you have "noise reduction" enabled in the "custom" menu. I think that "hot pixels" is one of the things noise reduction is supposed to remove.

Since mine went away, I can't advise on the cost of repair.

-Chris