Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #1

K100D Auto Focus does not work when Flash is on

My K100D suddenly flatered on me last night. I suddenly wasn't able to shoot any photos while my flash was turned on. The resulting image that turned up was also completely black. When I turned the flash off, I could shoot photos, but when it's on, I couldn't. Does anybody have a similar problem? Or does anybody know where I can find answers to this? I've e-mailed Pentax Canada about this already, but I don't know what else I can do.

Just a little bit more on what I've been doing with it too:
1. I've tried to update the firmware, and that did not solve the problem.
2. I've experimented with the flash itself. If I push the "flash up" button, but keep the flash below a certain angle with my finger, it will autofocus. But if I don't suppress the angle of the flash, the camera refuses to autofocus.
3. I've tried changing battery, memory card, and resetting all my custom settings (>.<), but to no avail either.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
angle, autofocus, camera, dslr, flash, k100d, photography, photos