Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,264
Anyone interested in Pentax K-x Key Chain?

Hi,

Been looking for this Tomy Takara Pentax K-x key chain a while.... and finally found someone in Taiwan selling all 20 colors and willing to ship to US for about $135.

Example of the keychain:
Tomy Takara Pentax K-x

Still discussing how to pay for it as I don't have any bank in Taiwan. If you also interested, pm me and I can direct you to the appropriate place. If you live near Boston area we can buy it together.

**NO, I don't sell them for profit, just thought this is so cool and would like to share**

Adam, if this is not the right place to post, please remove.

Lee


---

01-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,903
Only $135? That's a steal - for the seller.
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian
LFLee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western MA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,264
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Only $135? That's a steal - for the seller.
Hm... you mean its expensive?
They cost 200 yen in Japan each, in some kind of 'egg shell'.
But the color you get depends on luck - if you were in Japan, then this is expensive.

People selling them on ebay (US) for $10-$15 each. The white color one has become more and more expensive as it is not easy to get the white color one.

Is one way you can collect all the colors available in K-x without buying the actual SLR camera!

Lee
01-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,903
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Hm... you mean its expensive?
They cost 200 yen in Japan each, in some kind of 'egg shell'.
But the color you get depends on luck - if you were in Japan, then this is expensive.

People selling them on ebay (US) for $10-$15 each. The white color one has become more and more expensive as it is not easy to get the white color one.

Is one way you can collect all the colors available in K-x without buying the actual SLR camera!

Lee
Yes, I jokingly mean it's expensive (the phrase is usually meant when something is really inexpensive for the buyer). $10 or $15 is OK, I guess, as far as novelty key-chains go.

01-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 388
Meh they should be like 5 bucks I would buy one then.
01-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
vjacesslav's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Košice, Czechoslovakia, Europe Union
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 366
Looks interesting. For me is overprised, but i think it will find some future owners
01-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Nomad's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 406
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Hi,

Been looking for this Tomy Takara Pentax K-x key chain a while.... and finally found someone in Taiwan selling all 20 colors and willing to ship to US for about $135.

Example of the keychain:
Tomy Takara Pentax K-x

Still discussing how to pay for it as I don't have any bank in Taiwan. If you also interested, pm me and I can direct you to the appropriate place. If you live near Boston area we can buy it together.

**NO, I don't sell them for profit, just thought this is so cool and would like to share**

Adam, if this is not the right place to post, please remove.

Lee


---
Ummmm,
I am thinking that you meant $1.35 and not $135!!

If it is $135 then
01-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
mojoe_24's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 218
I think $135 for all 20 colors.

01-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 388
QuoteOriginally posted by mojoe_24 Quote
I think $135 for all 20 colors.
haha for real? Who would pay that
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
Veteran Member
KxBlaze's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,594
I'm pretty sure its $135 for ALL 20 because $135 each is a rip off especially if people are selling on ebay for 10-15.
01-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
Senior Member
mojoe_24's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 218
Well, if each go for at least $10 on ebay that's ~$50 profit after fees/shipping on ebay.
01-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 597
Hmmm, I saw these at a local arcade here in the Philippines. I think they cost around $1 to $3 here. They sell it in plastic eggshells (as mentioned above) and you have to put in a token worth about a dollar. I forgot if it requires just one token or three though. You couldn't choose colors though. It dispenses in a gum-ball-machine-like, um, machine.
01-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #13
Veteran Member
magkelly's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,905
I kind of want that pink one, but I wouldn't pay $10-15 for one, sorry. That's just too much $$$ for a key chain no matter how darned sweet it is. They are really cute though...
01-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
JHD
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,407
Does it work / can it take pictures? If so, how is the low light / high ISO performance?
Are there any Limited, DA* or third party lens options for it? How about a flash?
01-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 931
QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Does it work / can it take pictures? If so, how is the low light / high ISO performance?
Are there any Limited, DA* or third party lens options for it? How about a flash?
hehe. . . it's a toy .. .
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-x, pentax, pentax k-x, photography, taiwan, tomy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax SDM Converter,are you serious interested? zackspeed Pentax News and Rumors 209 01-15-2012 11:47 PM
Misc Chain WPRESTO Post Your Photos! 3 10-05-2010 06:32 PM
What do you do for lens servicing , Pentax doesn't seem to be interested seacapt Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 01-07-2009 07:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top