Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

I suppose you could call me a Pentax "Fanboy"

I've sung the praises of Pentax for many years. When people have told me that I need to change brands, I've replied to them in a very disdainful manner.

BUT!!!

Lately, I'm not so vocal about how wonderful Pentax gear is.

It's a shame that you have to own two K7 bodies so you'll have something to shoot with when one of them has to make the inevitable trip to the repair center.

Having said that, I'll now prepare myself for what is to follow from the real fanboys,

01-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Forum Member

Oh boy, now you went and done it.
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What was wrong with it?
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What you do, get it wet?. Things do break down.

01-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Front and rear e-dial failure on both bodies. Rear e-dial failure a second time on one of them,

Sensor failure on the older of the two (what prompted me to buy the second on as a back up).

SDM lens work very intermittenly on one of the bodies and most of the time on the other.

Too many break downs for something that's supposed to be quality.

Ex-Finn. Getting them wet isn't supposed to be a problem. They are weather sealed. At least they're supposed to be.

One of the bodies is a month away from being out of warranty. The other has the three year warranty.

Probably going to put both of them on e-bay at fire sale pricing in about 6 weeks.

I wouldn't dare sell them to anyone on this forum.

Oscar1, no longer a fanboy of Pentax.
01-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What you do, get it wet? Was a half ass attempt of a joke. Sorry bout that.
With that many troubles, I would be disheartened too!.