Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #1

humidity

I know there has been a post asking about the K100 and the elements, but how about humidity? how much does that affect it (or any camera really)? I live in NYC and the air gets quite thick in the summer, it's so awful sometimes you can practically swim in it! I would still carry the camera in a bag and only take it out for pics, so I am thinking it shouldnt be too affected, right?

12-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I live in the deep south, I'm careful about humidity in the summer while going from the ac in the house to the out doors. Normally keep the camera in the bag and let it get a bit warmer b4 pulling it out. The same would apply up north, including the winter months. In the winter you have to be careful going from cold to hot. I also use silica gel packs year round to absorb moisture.
12-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wouldn't worry much. My anecdotal experience with a DS2 in coastal Texas (south of Houston - NY is desicated in comparison) is that humidity is not a major threat.

Jerry