Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #61

Photos: Albums
You may have a software problem. If your Windows is 32bit, you may want to install the codec files if you have not already done so. The Pentax DCU program should have no problems reading PEF files. I switch to DNG from PEF do to some programs having odd problems with PEF files. Plus I did not want to be locked into a camera makers file format.

PENTAX RAW codec software for Windows : Software Downloads : PENTAX

02-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #62

Photos: Gallery
I quickly skimmed the thread, but I am not quite sure if this has been tried. Since the problem seems to be going from notebook -> external... do you happen to have a shorter USB cable, and test that compared to the one you are currently using.

It sounds a little farfetched, but on 2.5" externals, sometimes the long cable actually drops the amount of power to the external drive, causing it to act funny.
10-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Quite a dead topic, but I thought I'd give an update I upgraded my desktop so I've been using the laptop less, and have yet to come across one corrupted image like what happened in the original post. It could be the transferring using the laptop SD slot, maybe transferring from laptop to external, I have no idea - but I'm not getting corrupted images using a card reader and a usb slot on the back of my desktop.

Thanks all for the help
10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #64

Photos: Gallery
Bad memory stick

Pete:

Your problem is having a memory stick which has gone bad.

Download a program called "MEMTEST", run it and it will telll you the condition of your memory sticks.

I had exactly the same problem, only on one computer out of four, so I knew it was not the camera, memory card,etc.

I found the answer on the Lightroom forum at Adobe.

I had a bad memory stick. replaced it and never looked back. All my photo's come in to lightroom perfect and stay that way.