Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alexeyga Quote
With no FF lenses in the line-up? Wishful thinking....
Makes us wonder why the 1.4x converter was retracted after the 2008 Photokina. I have seen it with my own eyes...

And what happens when you put an APS-C lens on a 1.4x converter which in turn goes on a FF body? Yes, that's true

02-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Really, an ogl post should have a bit more content in order to spur interest.
It - at least - had some impact :

Pentax Rumors - Pentax Full Frame this year?
QuoteQuote:
Pentax Full Frame this year? [...] A regular member in the pentax forum posted a rumor about a New 35mm FullFrame Camera this Fall
Pentax rumorizings: full frame this year?
QuoteQuote:
It is rumor season in the PentaxForums forums, with regular rumorizer "ogl" rumorizing a Pentax 35mm full frame this Fall.
Hopefully, Pentax also knows about their soon-to-be-released PKAF2-FF-camera .

QuoteQuote:
[...] Sony Microelectronics offers the full frame version [...]
Mirrorless Rumors

QuoteQuote:
A few days ago we posted a rumor we received from sources saying that Leica will drop Kodak sensors in favour of the new Sony fullframe sensors.
02-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
You all just seriously lack imagination! Pentax will be launching a mirrorless full-frame camera later this year, shortly followed by slashing prices on the 645D to compete with the 5Dmk2!

In all seriousness, I couldn't care less if Pentax ignores FF; it seems the benefits are waning along with the sensor cost, and we're still missing lenses. Personally, I'm looking for two things: a telephoto prime >300mm, and cheaper, dedicated P-TTL slaves like the Nikon R200.
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #34
Forum Member

I've been on the forum mainly for lens reviews, but God, these threads keep popping up. If I had a $ every time this happened. :P
AJ

02-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #35
Forum Member

wanna fullframe? go film. a brand new sensor after each shot
02-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zelovoc Quote
wanna fullframe? go film. a brand new sensor after each shot
Yup, and sensors that don't need dust removal -- that's automatic!!

Even better: Spend US$20 and get a 6x9cm folder. Resolution up the yazoo! And it's pocketable!
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #37
Veteran Member

like I said, judgment day will be at the last quarter of this year. more lenses are going bye bye soon. some have already been sold as early as last year. I'm keeping a few treasures behind though.