Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #1

AF 360 FGZ with M-50mm f/1.7

How well does it work using a flash such as the AF 360 FGZ with older lenses such as the M- 50mm f/1.7? K-x body...

I'm aware this is probably a noob of a question

02-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian

p-TTL does not work with M lenses.

I'd use flash auto mode.

Set the camera in manual mode, shutter speed 1/180s or slower.

Set the flash in auto mode, match the ISO settings on the flash and on the camera, match the aperture settings on the flash and on the lens.

Shoot.

Of course you can always use the flash in M mode, but it's not as convenient.

The AF360FGZ has auto mode, which is good. I don't buy any flash that does not have auto mode.
02-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
p-TTL does not work with M lenses.

I'd use flash auto mode.

Set the camera in manual mode, shutter speed 1/180s or slower.

Set the flash in auto mode, match the ISO settings on the flash and on the camera, match the aperture settings on the flash and on the lens.

Shoot.

Of course you can always use the flash in M mode, but it's not as convenient.

The AF360FGZ has auto mode, which is good. I don't buy any flash that does not have auto mode.
Cool, thanks for that feedback, I don't have a lot of time for research so it helps me out a lot.

I was orginally think about getting a AF prime because I'm kind of tired of MF but at the same time it's a great lens so maybe I need some light in my life