Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2007, 04:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Winter lover

I live in the York region as well, and do a lot of outdoor winter shooting. Some Dslr, so just plain old fashion 6x7 B&W shooting.

I do a lot of driving, as things are spread out, and impractical to use a bus etc.
I keep the heat off in the truck, and when i get home keep everything in the bad and put down stairs for acclimatizations.

I keep the batteries warm and that seems to do the trick.

The past few years, our snow and cold levels have been poor and rarely does it get arctic cold anymore.

I spent close to 30 years working in the Canadian north, summer and winter, and never had camera problems, so i would suspect you
ll be ok.

Dave

10-16-2007, 06:22 AM   #17

Original Poster
Thanks for that Dave. I guess I should be fine then this winter! Now all I have to do is wait for it to snow...

Thanks
10-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tom, try the Adirondaks

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest holding off on the snowshoes, though.

There have been approx. 5 days in the last 3 years when you could have used them. Even then they would have been more a hindrance than a help.

I've been snowshoeing for over 40 years, but the winters we have been getting (thanks a lot Global Warming!) leaves little opportunity to use them in south/eastern Ontario.
Tom, if you really want to do some good snowshoeing try going down (and yes I mean south!) into the "lake region" of the Adirondaks. there are lots of snowshoe trails there around the Star Lake/Cranberry Lake/Tupper Lake area. And it still gets enough snow so that snow shoes are the only way to travel.

NaCl(Cranberry Lake has two seasons; winter and the 4th of July!)H2O