Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

k-7 4 shot buffer?

To be honest... I have quite a number of camera bodies so the particular nuances of each camera does not always stick with me. But I was shooting my k-7 today and it kept "not taking the picture". When I got home I started testing it and it seems that I can only take 4 or sometimes 5 pictures before there is an audible noise inside the camera while it seems to be dumping its buffer. I can then take approximately 1 photo every 2 seconds and the noise will continue. I don't remember the camera behaving this way before so I was hoping some other users could help me figure this out

I tried different cards (I use sandisk class 10 cards exclusively), I tried switching from RAW to JPG and then I tried difference sizes of jpg and nothing happened.

The mechanical noise reminded my of the image stabilization in my Canon lenses so I tried turning that off. I have turned off all the automatic features of the camera (lens correction etc). It is also not a focus confirmation thing as it happens in AF.C, AF.S, and M.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks... Chris

02-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you shooting high-iso or low-light?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are you shooting high-iso or low-light?
An interesting question... but I just tested and it seems to make no difference. ISO 3200 or ISO 200. I just took pictures of my computer screen (ISO 200, F1.9, 1/30) and it was still exactly 4 pictures before everything came grinding to a halt.
02-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
re-set your setting. I think one of the features is turned on, thats why.

02-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luke0622 Quote
re-set your setting. I think one of the features is turned on, thats why.
yah... looks like you're right. I don't know how it got turned on but the "distortion correction" got turned on. I don't remember doing that but maybe someone else was messing with the camera.

Thanks... Chris
02-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you are welcome...

QuoteOriginally posted by cwood Quote
yah... looks like you're right. I don't know how it got turned on but the "distortion correction" got turned on. I don't remember doing that but maybe someone else was messing with the camera.

Thanks... Chris

thats exactly right, I had that happened to me when I first got my K-7.

well, enjoy your camera