Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I looked at the ad. It does look kind of questionable, do bring someone with you...

1. aaa batteries
2. Could not get to menu, but "lights up"
3. "Optical Zoom: 3x"
4. "This body is worth a hell of alot more than... "

So you could buy it and then most likely have it fixed for a few hundred. Might be easier to just buy one off of KEH.com or something.

02-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #17
Banned

how can an interchangeable lens slr have built in optical 3x zoom?
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
how can an interchangeable lens slr have built in optical 3x zoom?
Crap--you beat me to it.

That hit me like a brick as soon as I read it.
02-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Crap--you beat me to it.

That hit me like a brick as soon as I read it.
he could be referring to the 18-55mm lens, but that would sure be a strange way of describing it.

02-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
he could be referring to the 18-55mm lens, but that would sure be a strange way of describing it.
It's how flickr used to describe it - I recall the k10 listing used to say it had a 3x optical zoom
02-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do not go alone. Do not hand over any personal identification documents such as a check. Craiglist meetings have become dangerous territory for some, especially women.
02-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Do not go alone. Do not hand over any personal identification documents such as a check. Craiglist meetings have become dangerous territory for some, especially women.
I completely agree with you, but it is not always the case. My one and only dealing through Craigslist was positive. Bought a used DA 14mm f2.8 for less than half the going rate of a new one. Although, the ad I replied to was much more realistic and had correct information in it.

02-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I completely agree with you, but it is not always the case. My one and only dealing through Craigslist was positive. Bought a used DA 14mm f2.8 for less than half the going rate of a new one. Although, the ad I replied to was much more realistic and had correct information in it.
Michigan Teen Johnathan Clements Shot Dead During Phony Craigslist Transaction, Say Police - Crimesider - CBS News

It's always wise to remain alert when dealing with things like this. Take precautions, don't let the lure of a bargain cloud your good judgment.

02-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Michigan Teen Johnathan Clements Shot Dead During Phony Craigslist Transaction, Say Police - Crimesider - CBS News

It's always wise to remain alert when dealing with things like this. Take precautions, don't let the lure of a bargain cloud your good judgment.

Damn... to kill someone for $95. What a screwed up world we live in.
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #25
Veteran Member

It's how P&S lenses are marketed, so not entirely unheard-of.
02-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
It's how P&S lenses are marketed, so not entirely unheard-of.
Yet in the ad the camera didn't come with a lens... another red flag.
02-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #27

Yes it is...

... too good to be true, that is. Skip this one. In any case, for example, the new N...n 3100 is cheap for the quality. What I'm saying is that new cameras are cheaper than what they were a few years ago and vastly better.

If you are into Pentax, look for a K-X even though the competitor referred to above appears to be cheaper (it is so here in So Africa). But to buy a K100 at this stage of the game is largely a waste of money as you'll soon be wanting something better. Those extra megapixels of the newer cameras really do make a difference.