Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Since you are saying no PP, I presume you mean out of camera jpegs?
What are your NR settings?
Pentax is much more conservative that Nikon or (especially) Canon WRT noise reduction. You might have to turn your NR up quite a bit higher to match the apparent lack of noise from a Nikon or Canon camera.
I believe he/she said they were raw images in which case no noise reduction was used in camera. Without noise reduction you can see noise in most images at 100% - even at ISO 200.

03-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #32
Inactive Account

i think instead sending your camera for repair, you should send yourself to any photography class..

when view 100% cropping, of course the image will not damn sharp and look grainy

from the sample you posted, it look clean and very acceptable for ISO6400..go outside and shot during daylight and see the result..

it is not the camera fault..
05-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #33

Just in case if someone struggles with this issue again - I point out one reason why some users are getting high noise with K-r and often mention ISO 6400.

When I bought K-r, I started out with "AUTO PICT" mode...and for some reason, my cam had fixed ISO set to 6400, instead of auto iso.
I'm not sure if it was cameras default setting or was it accidentally set in store, but it was the reason why my camera produced high-noise photos in the beginning.
Since I was very new with DSLRs, it was quite painful and depressing.
05-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery
By now you should have your camera back from Pentax repair saying there is nothing wrong with it!

The pix you posted are all fine for the way you did them. It seems obvious that you are lacking experience in using a DSLR and also lack experience in identifying noise. The advice given to you by others is all good - pay attention to it otherwise why bother to write with a problem?

Once you learn more, you'll be surprised to see that your camera has repaired itself.

Closed Thread