Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Adjustable settings on K-X

I may be displaying my "newbie photographer" ignorance here, but does anyone know if it is possible to manually adjust BOTH the aperture AND shutter settings together on the K-X? I understand how to use and adjust settings in aperture priority mode and shutter priority mode. But, what if you want to adjust both? Is that even possible on any lens that doesn't use only manual aperture?

03-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, you can do it with any lens (literally) - just set the camera to M mode.
03-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Yes, camera needs to by in M mode. You use the dial for adjusting aperture and pressing down Ev button (if I remember correctly) and dial to adjust exposure time...
03-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #4

Your memory is pretty good. I just tried that and it works well, except the button to switch back and forth is labeled "Av".

03-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter

It's even easier if you take the lens out of A mode and use the aperture ring to set the aperture. Of course this isn't an option with FA J or DA lenses.
03-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

The problem then is that camera doesn't know the f stop and doesn't meter AFAIK. That means green button metering, counting the clicks to know f stop and of course no f stop in metadata....
03-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
The problem then is that camera doesn't know the f stop and doesn't meter AFAIK. That means green button metering, counting the clicks to know f stop and of course no f stop in metadata....
I still consider it easier than trying to keep track of whether I'm changing the aperture or shutter speed. If you don't have 2 e-dials you have to make some compromises.
03-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
axl
Veteran Member

To each his own