Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K10d glitches

My k10 has decided, after putting a 540 flash on that the custom function that changes the white balance from a pre-set (awb) to flash when flash is used will no longer work.
i've reloaded firmware 1.30, reset back to defult but the wb wont go flash when i pop the internal up or add a 540. Any Ideas?

also another issue is the naming of the files in camera, I used to get the standard IMGP0265
now i get _IGP2745. wat the?

If anybody has seen these issues and maybe a solution, i'd be glad to hear from ya,

Thanks, forestG

10-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #2

Did you switch from sRGB to AdobeRGB recently? The file naming depends on which color space is selected. With sRGB you get IMGP, with AdobeRGB you get _IGP. No idea about the other stuff, but hopefully someone here will be able to help.
10-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
yes of course, i did do that.
nice pick up, that was driving me nuts.
one down one to go.
thanks a million, and so quick-i only just posted
again thanks
10-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

there is setting in camera under 'custom' called wb when using flash, I think this might be what you're after

10-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by forestG Quote
My k10 has decided, after putting a 540 flash on that the custom function that changes the white balance from a pre-set (awb) to flash when flash is used will no longer work. I've reloaded firmware 1.30, reset back to defult but the wb wont go flash when i pop the internal up or add a 540. Any Ideas?

I assume you're referring to the "WB when using flash" option in the Custom settings menu. If so, how would you know if this flash WB option was not being used? Using this Custom option, the WB setting under the "Fn" menu would likely remain on "Auto," with flash WB chosen automatically as the shutter releases (just as "Auto" WB behaves with every other type of image - only this time it would specifically select flash instead of trying to determine the WB of the scene). The only easily noticable difference would be a slightly warmer tone to the resulting images.

stewart
10-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #6

Original Poster
OK yes i've set the wb option in custom settings, and checking the wb under Fn button when flash attached still on Auto whereas previously i got a warning to say that the wb had gone off auto and it says flash/wb
oh yeh, i use this to create images that have a balanced colour for my subject but mixed for my backgrounds ie night photography lets say in a club with multi coloured lights-so yeh i do notice a difference.
i could select this option manually but if i turn the camera off then on it reverts back to auto=big pain in bum

i guess i'm just nit picking but it was doing as asked a week ago and now its not, this gives me little confidencee in the camera

Last edited by forestG; 10-20-2007 at 09:21 PM.
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Hmm.. mine never show in Fn saing it changed the WB to Flash just because my 540 flash is attached, but when it take the picture it will be using Flash WB (by checking the info from the pic).
10-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #8

Original Poster
NOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT- yeh your quite right, here i am thinking i was on the verge of a postal moment but all is well.
thanks heaps guys for the quick replies-some times you gota stand back from the problem and let someone else have a go.
thanks again guys, I'm also new to forums and that makes it even sweeter (first time in and BAM! got it sorted)