Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2007, 06:23 AM   #1

Lens Focussing Problem

I recently bought an used Vivitar Series 1 28-200mm AF lens for Pentax from ebay. This is probably the recent Cosina version of the lens with Macro. I went out to take some pictures with the lens and had a very disappointing experience. There are serious problems with focusing. It only focuses at the two extremes (28mm and 210mm). In the intermediate positions it simply refuses to focus. My Pentax K10D would have the focus light blinking and wont let me take a picture. I went to manual focus mode and even then the focus was horrible and didn't work.

I had a backup Sigma 28-105 UC-II which I used instead and that lens was able to focus perfectly under the same situations. All attempts were made under bright daylight with F4.2 and even then the focusing failed.

Can anyone throw some light as to what is possible wrong with the lens ? Is it something that can be repaired at a reasonable cost or is it just a dud. Any insights would be most welcome.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, focus, lens, light, pentax, photography