Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2007, 08:53 AM   #16
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Last time I heard, the 645D wasnt even FF, FF MF that is. I belive it had 1.3x crop. I have heard other crop factors quoted too, but of course no one knows yet. but they were planning a new 55mm kit lens for it, meaing they were expecting a crop factor.

But the 645D doesnt have anything to do with the 35mm dSLR FF discussion.

10-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #17

Here is the specifications and images of Full Frame Pentax digital camera:

Here is the specifications and images of Full Frame Pentax digital camera:
http://www.imaging-resour...NTS/PMAS01/982079635.html

And very old news about the link:
Asahi Optical Co. Ltd. (President: Urano Fumio), announces that it has decided to cancel commercialization of the '35mm full size CCD digital single-lens reflex camera' which was displayed at the 2000 Photokina show, and the 2001 PMA Photo Expo.
Since realizing the performance level our company aimed for would result in a very expensive price if it was produced commercially, it was judged that marketability would not be good.
10-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #18

Who is the target group of FF camera?
Do you think all istD, K100 and K10 users will change their cameras with new FF camera below $1,500?
Yes? then there is no need to insist on DA lens roadmap since they all will be useless, if FF comes true soon.
If cropped and FF camera clients are different kind of users then Pentax needs to complete cropped DA and DA* lenses for cropped lovers.
I don't think FF lens would take so much time for Pentax, if ever happens.

So, it comes to that question: do we really need FF? Actually I want bigger printed photos on my wall, less noise, more sharp UWA and it seems I will buy FF as soon as it's avaliable.

I hope Pentax does not go FF too late that Pentaxians become N*konians or can C*non..
10-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #19

Pentax is right in planning out a roadmap of where they want to go with their product, but any other company is welcome to make advancements in any direction they want including ff. It is up to Pentax to then decide if they need to rethink their roadmap, or dig in their heels and stick with an old plan that could just as easily keep them viable as sink them. How is their roadmap any different than our own personal plannings, if we have any? At some point in our plan we may find we need to make a slight or a major alteration, or fail if we don't. That said, any major change now from Pentax's publicly posted roadmap is sure to have a negative impact on a lot of current owners with their DA or DA* lenses. I know I'd be screwed and even more so after I finally get around to ordering a 50-135 that I almost came home with last weekend but decided to wait a tiny bit longer.

As much as I'd like a ff. I also know that there is a lot I can do with my K10D before it is actually my limiting factor.

10-30-2007, 03:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
So, with all the speculation about Pentax upping the ante with a full frame sensor camera, where are the lenses to support it? The DA lenses are designed specifically for APS-C and when these lenses are slapped on a 35mm (FF) camera they often create bad vingetting etc. So, if a FF is due to come, where are the supporting lenses?
Tom, I'm afraid that your observation is right. There is no FF lens system for Pentax NOW and it seems that Pentax has abandoned the FF lens system already.

So, afterall, it is very unlikely for Pentax to release a FF DSLR in the foreseeable future. Even if so, they must re-launch their film lens lineup or just to re-birth a few of the useful film lens models in order to offer a minimal useable FF DSLR *system*.

For more read on this issue, here is my latest full analysis on the case and the present situation faced by Pentax (against the competition now and ahead):-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: The Current Pentax DSLR "System" As A *System*
10-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #21
and
Veteran Member

*message deleted*
10-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #22
Pentaxian

@RiceHigh:

Clarify something for me, please. On your blog, you constantly talk about how Pentax is so much more inferior to C/N/S, yet you say you own 12 Pentax lenses, even though you never state which ones. If you think Pentax is so second class, why do you keep the equipment? If I disliked a product line as much as you seem to, I would never, ever, buy anthing from that company.
11-01-2007, 03:23 AM   #23
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
@RiceHigh:

Clarify something for me, please. On your blog, you constantly talk about how Pentax is so much more inferior to C/N/S, yet you say you own 12 Pentax lenses, even though you never state which ones. If you think Pentax is so second class, why do you keep the equipment? If I disliked a product line as much as you seem to, I would never, ever, buy anthing from that company.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase,
let's not change this thread into another anti RH thread.
Not that I want to defend him, but I'm tired of all those threads with 100+ replies in which we aren't discusing anything, but instead we are just trying to come up with yet another way of telling him what we (most of us) think about him...

11-02-2007, 03:18 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase,
let's not change this thread into another anti RH thread.
Not that I want to defend him, but I'm tired of all those threads with 100+ replies in which we aren't discusing anything, but instead we are just trying to come up with yet another way of telling him what we (most of us) think about him...

You need to read my post again. I simply asked for a clarification, which he never provided. Nothing in my post was a slam against RH.
11-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #25
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
You need to read my post again. I simply asked for a clarification, which he never provided. Nothing in my post was a slam against RH.
I read it carefully, and I know there was nothing bad in it. But usualy, after posts like he posted and answer like yours, that's how it all starts...
don't get me wrong, I just didn't want this to escalate...