Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Paint fades on AF button

Hi all,
The white paint on the letter "AF" start to chip/fade, it's a fairly new K-7 with less than 5000 click. I know it's no big deal as it does not affect the quality of the image. I'm just a bit anal whenever I look at it. Are there any tips for retouching it?
Thanks,

03-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't use it as much, or cover it with something like ghost armor, imo!
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guess you could have it replaced with a spare if it bothers you. I'd guess this would not cost much while having the camera checked and serviced in general, which does not hurt; having the paperwork from that might impress a potential buyer down the line .
03-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by coolguy1004 Quote
Hi all,
The white paint on the letter "AF" start to chip/fade, it's a fairly new K-7 with less than 5000 click. I know it's no big deal as it does not affect the quality of the image. I'm just a bit anal whenever I look at it. Are there any tips for retouching it?
Thanks,
My "Green" mode paint started flaking off so I just scraped it off with my fingernail to get it over with.
No big loss, never use it anyway. But I am with you, it is annoying to loose paint so early.
As far as retouching, don't know of anything suitable short of sending in for warranty work

03-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #5

Original Poster
@jolepp: Thanks for the idea. I just don't want to send it in for service for such a small item. maybe down the line when the camera needs actual service, I will send it in and have the button replaced along w/ the service. I wonder if I can use this excuse w/ the wife to buy the new K-5 ...Oh well, one can always dream
03-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Some people will dab small amounts of a clear fingernail polish on these types of friction points to help reduce the loss of paint.

You must have received a camera from the production lot where the inmates pissed in the paint.
03-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by coolguy1004 Quote
. I wonder if I can use this excuse w/ the wife to buy the new K-5 ...Oh well, one can always dream
And if this does not work tell her that you think your camera is of the production lot where the inmates pissed in the paint.

Ok. That is that last time I will type "pissed" on the forum.