Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #31
Veteran Member

I would have to agree since you are using only one body I would go with a good quality zoom lens. Tamron 28-75 f2.8 should give you good range indoors. In addition, I would add a prime lensa maybe a 35 or a fast 50. To help out for those special indoor shots. But 2.8 is plenty fast for most shots. As for zooms past 135mm I would avoid most aren't fast enough for indoors and unless you have no access to getting closer you won't be touching it.

03-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by justtakingpics Quote
Is the shutter on the k-5 quiet?
With some searching on Google you can find audio samples of sounds so you can compare, but the K-7/K-5 are one of the quieter shutters/mirror actuation sounds around. My K-7 is louder than the new K-5, but that might be because it has many more actuations on it.

So the K-5 is 2+ "levels" quieter than the lesser models. The K10D and *ist DS I had in the past were quite a bit louder than my two current bodies.

Most lesser cameras have a loud crack sound. The K-7/K-5 are more like a deeper "thunk" with the k-5 sounding more like a muffled "thunk."

It's aspects like these that people don't often take into consideration when buying a camera, yet I think it says something about the level of care they put into the engineering. It's part of the reason I dropped the K10D to get a K-5 to go along with my K-7 (I prefer always having two bodies).

The reason I also suggest SDM is because there is a noticeable sound difference between say a DA* 55mm and FA 50mm that uses screw-drive autofocus. Standing by the couple when they are exchanging vows... and hearing a zip-zip-zip of screw-drive autofocus wouldn't be something I would want to have happen.