Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-16-2011, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K- X warranty (80227)

mornin all.......

just purchased the extended k-5 warranty from adorama (in stock with them, b+h always seemingly out of inventory, not their fault.... but still the best imho ).. for 19.95.....
adorama's website however lists the pentax 80227 2 year warranty for the k-x and k-r, but excludes the k-5 from the description...
i spoke with pentax in north carolina...800-877-0155. and this genuine pentax 80227 warranty should cover ALL pentax (new) dslr 'k' bodies.... as the warranty card will denote...(does not specifically say for k-5 or k-r)
i asked them to confirm, and then to let everyone know that a purchase of a new 'k' body is eligible for this warranty....(caveat... b+h has a the same pentax warranty for the k-7 for 8.95, another sweet deal).....
hope this 'pans' out for us lovers of pentax...... dave m

03-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Would an extended warranty be valid with a K-x bought in April last year?
03-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
mornin all.......

just purchased the extended k-5 warranty from adorama (in stock with them, b+h always seemingly out of inventory, not their fault.... but still the best imho ).. for 19.95.....
adorama's website however lists the pentax 80227 2 year warranty for the k-x and k-r, but excludes the k-5 from the description...
i spoke with pentax in north carolina...800-877-0155. and this genuine pentax 80227 warranty should cover ALL pentax (new) dslr 'k' bodies.... as the warranty card will denote...(does not specifically say for k-5 or k-r)
i asked them to confirm, and then to let everyone know that a purchase of a new 'k' body is eligible for this warranty....(caveat... b+h has a the same pentax warranty for the k-7 for 8.95, another sweet deal).....
hope this 'pans' out for us lovers of pentax...... dave m
Thanks for the useful information, i was just looking at that. BH again was out of stock, i submitted my email asking to be notified when they get in stock.

+1 to your rep. I dont' know what i would do without Pentax Forums :-)
03-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Would an extended warranty be valid with a K-x bought in April last year?
don't think so.... i believe the warranty must be purchased within 90 days of initial purchase..... goofy that pentax does not make it clear that this warranty is for (ostensibly) all k bodies..... but i'd make absolutely sure by calling them first..
btw... this IS the same warranty pentax sells directly to 'us' for 99.95 !!!
dave m

03-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Thanks for the useful information, i was just looking at that. BH again was out of stock, i submitted my email asking to be notified when they get in stock.

+1 to your rep. I dont' know what i would do without Pentax Forums :-)
thanks phil.... glad i could help in my own small way...... dave m
03-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
don't think so.... i believe the warranty must be purchased within 90 days of initial purchase..... goofy that pentax does not make it clear that this warranty is for (ostensibly) all k bodies..... but i'd make absolutely sure by calling them first..
btw... this IS the same warranty pentax sells directly to 'us' for 99.95 !!!
dave m
Thank you!