Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Pentax just want us to buy the lenses currently in production. Most of us here have or want to use the old legacy lenses, but there must be many more who are happy with the DA's and the FA's. Backward compatibility is a great feature but do not have immediate effect on the bottom line as selling us new lenses.
That alfoil cap you wear is seriously distorting your vision.
Methinks too many black helicopters must hover over your house all day.
Do you believe in the Lumber Cartel too? TINC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cabal_in_english.jpg

Nah, the truth is that it's simply a STUPID way of implementing it, There appears to be absolutely no adverse side effects to leaving the buried menu setting enabled permanently; so why don't Pentax simply make it show a Warning~Reminder message on the LCD screen instead, directly under the scrollable F.L number selection that already pops up by default and must be read and or dismissed every time you attach a legacy lens?

It's STUPID back-ass-wards design like that STUPID flash the red danger "write-to-card" light only they would use to indicate that the card is ?not? being written to when a firmware update is Complete.

Pentax coders are STUPID. End of story.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 03-18-2011 at 09:28 PM.
03-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Dare I say it? This is all BS. Vast heaps of BS.
We have lots of WAGs here, many suppositions.
We do not KNOW why the menu is structured thusly.
If we want to KNOW, well then, let's ask Pentax.
Do we expect a straight answer? Should we?
I won't wait up to find out.
It don't worry me.
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
My thought is to prevent the camera from taking pictures with the lens off. It's a non-casual user option, and if you are seeking out older lenses, you can do it, you just have to do some research first.

If you notice, many of the default features are designed with the casual user in mind.
Except that it doesn't prevent the camera from taking a picture with no lens mounted. At least my K10D will take a picture with no lens mounted.

I just tried it. I set the option to Use Aperture Ring = Prohibited. Then I removed the lens and pressed the shutter button. I took a picture. I got a mostly black "image", but it did not complain.

The strange thing is that, as I mentioned about my ZX-60 film camera, which absolutely will NOT use a non-"A" lens under any circumstances, that camera will also take a picture with no lens mounted. It just won't take a picture if a non-AF lens is mounted, or if the aperture is set anywhere but "A".