Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K-7 card slot broken

My memory card slot on my k-7 has always given me grief since I bought it 6 months ago. The last time I removed my card from the camera was no different. When I went to put the card back in, the card would not lock in and read the card. Now I have to put a piece of paper between the card and the door so it will read the card. Any one have any idea why this is happening?

03-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you feeling the spring when you push the card in? Or does it just kind of drop in? If you bought the camera New, I would suggest sending it in. If not, and you have the card reading and writing in the camera, I would suggest using the USB cable for transferring rather than removing the card.

03-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I bought the camera new. When I put in the momory card it doesn't feel like the card is locking on place, maybe I bent the lock tab or something. No the spring doen't engage. My camera shop said it would take about a month to send in and get fixed. If thats the case then I'll have to wait until the end of summer just before my warrenty is up. My fix at the moment is upgrading to a 16 or 32 gig card and a small piece of paper between the card and the door, then using my usb cable to transfer data.
03-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Try another SD card just in case it was the card, if you haven't done so.

03-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
card #1 locks in place but doesn't read the card or let me format it. Card #2 doesn't lock in place but with a piece of paper between the door and the card will work fine. The camera store I goto tried 3 or 4 different cards none would lock in place but the camera would read them. I just don't understand..
03-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Send the camera for repair under warranty. Do it now before an accident happens.:ugh:
03-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by mduncan253 Quote
card #1 locks in place but doesn't read the card or let me format it. Card #2 doesn't lock in place but with a piece of paper between the door and the card will work fine. The camera store I goto tried 3 or 4 different cards none would lock in place but the camera would read them. I just don't understand..
Excuse me you buy a new camera and even in the shop it doesn't function properly?
Bring it back, demand a new (not repaired... takes 4 weeks here) since it was allready faulty when they sold it...