Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #16

Read The Manual

Congrats on the new camera mtnbearhug!!!

The main thing I would suggest is to read the manual. I wish I had done that when I got my K10D. It's not great but there is a lot of information in it. You can download it from Pentax now and read through it before you get the camera.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/K100D%20Super_e_web.pdf

Enjoy,

Slick

10-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I still have my old one...

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Have you also thought about your camera bag? I hadn't but shortly after I put in my order for our cameras, my wife announced that she had ordered two Lowe Pro sling bags. They arrived several days after our cameras did, so our first outing was without the bags. I quickly discovered that I had been negligent in not thinking about the importance of having the bags since it rained during our walk and we had to stuff our cameras inside our jackets and make a run for the car.
James, Thanks for the tip on the Pro Slinb Bag.. I do have my old camera old but it is big and bulky (although it does hold all of my stuff).. I am still looking for a smaller (grab quick) type bag...

QuoteOriginally posted by Slick Quote
The main thing I would suggest is to read the manual. I wish I had done that when I got my K10D. It's not great but there is a lot of information in it. You can download it from Pentax now and read through it before you get the camera. Slick
Thanks, Slick... I actually have spent some time in the manual but not as much as I would like. This camera has more functions that I know what to do with for sure!!! HOLY COW... !!!
I have been reading it a little here and alittle there and intend on spendingn some time with it again this weekend..

Kim
10-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kim

The Lowe Pro Slingshot bag comes in three sizes: 100, 200 and 300. My wife and I each bought the 200 which seems to be just the right fit for us. I've no intentions of ever carrying more than two "extra" lenses (and to be more realistic... probably just one extra since I'd likely leave the other one home). The 200 will easily carry the camera with kit lens AND two extra lenses plus a flash and other accessories (i.e. filters and cards). It also has a great flip-over chamois to protect the LCD screen from a scratch from the strap. Just a wonderful bag... feather-light.