Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Veteran Member

About Pentax International Warranty

I'm looking to order Pentax products from B&H, as the prices where I am here are obscenely high, even when the shipping cost is included in the total.

Of course, I'm also gonna take advantage while the peso-dollar rate is in my favor.

Anyway, I took a look at this site: Pentax Imaging

So is getting an international warranty as simple as sending over the details requested to Pentax USA? Or do I also have to mail in the warranty card that will be included in the Pentax product?

I figured that some of you would have bought new stuff overseas in the past. I'm interested to know how you handled the warranty issue, as just about the only thing I have bought overseas online so far are used lenses. Thanks!

10-25-2007, 04:22 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Although not from overseas, I bought Pentax binoculars from a dealer in the US (I live in Canada). There was a problem and all I had to do was send them to pentax Canada with a copy of my receipt. The dealer was a legitimate authorized Pentax dealer otherwise no warranty. The repair took 1 week and no charge.

Last edited by rrchambers; 10-25-2007 at 04:22 AM. Reason: spelling
10-25-2007, 07:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, that's good to hear. That gives me bigger confidence in buying Pentax items abroad. Thanks for the feedback.
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #4

All you have to do is send a copy of your receipt to Pentax USA and request for the international warranty card. They will sent the card(s) for whatever Pentax gear you have bought and then you will be able to have warranty coverage for a year anywhere in the world. I went through this process in August when I bought my camera from B&H (I live in Canada) and everything went fine when I sent the camera in not too long ago.

11-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Inactive Account

This from the Pentax Webstite:

International Warranty Card
New PENTAX products do not automatically come with an international warranty that covers all PENTAX products around the world. However, it is possible to obtain an International Warranty Card through PENTAX Imaging Company after you have purchased a PENTAX product. If you bought your PENTAX product in the United States and are traveling to a foreign country for an extended period of time, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are abroad. We will also send you a list of authorized service centers around the world.

To obtain an International Warranty Card, please send the below-listed items to PENTAX Imaging Company, 600 12th Street, Suite 300, Golden, CO 80401:
A copy of your dated proof of purchase, with the name and address of the U.S. dealer.
The serial number on your PENTAX product (if it has one).

If you bought your PENTAX product in another country, and you are planning to visit the United States, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are within the United States. You will need to send us the following items:
A copy of your dated proof of purchase.
The serial number on your PENTAX product (if it has one).
We will fill out an International Warranty Card and mail it to you. The time period and product coverage provided by the International Warranty Card is the same as the standard PENTAX Limited Warranty (as specified above).
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #6

I asked this question in the beginners forum with no luck. If your buying in the US off ebay and are offered an international warranty(good at any Pentax Repair facility), how does this differ from Pentax's standard warranty?
11-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It doesn't really differ. In the US, the standard warranty is for one year, the international warranty is for one year as well. In some countries, there is a difference. For instance, in Canada, standard warranty for those who buy in Canada is two years, while the international warranty remains one year.