Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Registering Extended Warranty

I got the extended warranty for my KR and went to the pentax site to register, but the directions for registration don't seem clear to me.

By registering the camera and having the paperwork do I automatically activate the extended warranty, or is there an other step I need to take?

Also for anyone who had submitted their warranty info, do you get a e-mail confirmation? I filled out the form, but never got a response that it was received by pentax. I would hate to need repairs and find out it wasn't valid.

03-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The extended warranty says to register it online, but when you go online, there's no place to register it at. I used the chat option and was told that you no longer need to register the extended warranty as long as the camera itself was registered.
03-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
The extended warranty says to register it online, but when you go online, there's no place to register it at. I used the chat option and was told that you no longer need to register the extended warranty as long as the camera itself was registered.
They told me the same thing.
03-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I wound up calling the phone number and the rep told me the I didn't need to register, just hold on to the paperwork in case of a problem. Thanks for the replies.

03-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I upgraded to the K20D just about 2 years ago. Pentax was in the process of closing out the model and offered the extended warranty with it. I too ran into the same registration problem. About 6 months ago, I was having some high noise problems with the camera and sent it in for repair. All that was required was a photo copy of the warranty card along with a copy of the receipt. So, keep all of these items together, if they ever are needed. One benefit of the warranty is a free cleaning prior to its expiration (1 year base warranty + 2 years extended = 3 years).

03-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Regarding the free cleaning you get with the extended warranty ... do you send the camera back to Pentax for this, or how does this process work? Has anyone here taken advantage of this?

It seems like a great thing to do, but I hate being without the camera for a month or however long it might take.

Thanks!