Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I buy mine from Adorama and just bought my second set of four. Yes, they are rechargeables. I've never tested how many shots I get but they stay charged a long time, and even shelf life is better than most rechargeables, You might also want to buy the first four with the charger or get a La Crosse BC-900 charger.

eneloops - Adorama.com

04-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #17

Does anyone know about NiZn rechargable batteries?
NiZn Quick Charger | PowerGenix Batteries
04-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
Forum Member

Have there been enough people use the Rayovac Platinum Pre-Charged batteries to make a definitive decision on use yet with AA-based DSLR cameras?

I know that the original Rayovac Hybrid batteries were pretty good, but haven't read much on these newer ones yet...
04-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Rayovac Platinum vs Eneloop

I have used both. The Rayovac Platinum's work very well, but the eneloops seem to last longer. The up-side to rayovac is that you can get them for $7 @ Walmart with a coupon (from their facebook page: click like and go to coupons tab). I still use the Platinums in clocks, remotes, flashlights, etc... but have switched solely to Eneloops on my camera and flashes because they seem to last a bit longer. I just use a energizer portable charger on both and it works fine, although I would like the Maha or Lacrosse to stretch them further...

04-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #20
Forum Member

Good to know about the Rayovac platinums. Eneloops can be hard to find locally sometimes. Used to be able to find them at Circuit City when they were a local store. Costco sells them, but you have to be member. Of course I can order them...
04-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #21
Inactive Account

I bought my eneloops from Thomas Distributing. They used to have a 16 pack bundle for about $39 plus shipping and they came with free battery cases. I was just there the other day though and all I saw was the 4pack for $10.