Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Angle Finder for K10d

Hi. I am pretty sure this question has been asked before, however I wanted to get more of a definitive answer.

I am interested in an angle finder for my K10d. There is a Seagull, Fotodiox (off eb*y), Pentax (awfully expensive), and I have even read that the Olympus Varimagni finder for OM will work.

If the Olympus finder truly works...I think that would be my 1st choice. The Fotodiox is compatible with many cameras but I wonder about quality?!?

Thanks.

10-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wasnt there just a thread about this?

I Have the varimagni. its good optically. it has some annoyances I dont know if others are better:
-the image is mirroried,this makes it a real pain to adjust the camera since I cannot get used to moving right when I want to move left
-I find that I cannot put my whole eye down on the eyepiece, then everything will be black, I need to keep my eye up a bit so that light is coming in
-when switching from the normal eyepiece to the varimagni i need to adjust the diopter of the camera viewfinder to make things sharp, and it takes adjustment of the varimagni diopter to get both 1.25x and 2.5x sharp at the same time. this is annoying it should work without those adjustments as long as the camera is set correctly to the normal eyepiece
-it steals light, especially indoors i find it hard to focus with it, too dark
10-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Yes, there have been many threads about this subject recently. In most, I told about the purchase of a Seagull 1x-2x Right Angle Finder from GoShot Camera ($70, fast shipping, etc.) and my success at using it with the Pentax K10D (fits just fine, etc.). It's certainly not terrific, but it works and is cheap - which is what I wanted with something used so seldom.

stewart
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there are other threads somewhere out there, If I can find it the one I am thinking of, I will add a link to it.

I took the finder I had for my KX which is a really nice one with 1.5x magnification ratio.

if you undo the 4 screws that hold the clip on the finder, and drill 4 matching holes in the eyepeice cover that comes with the K10, it makes a perfect mount.

took all of about 10 minutes

10-28-2007, 06:24 AM   #5

I've been using a Refconverter M on my K10D and can see all of the info in the viewfinder clearly. This also has tha advatage of having a 2x mag setting. Have a lok on ebay, they are liosted occassionally.