Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #1

DSLR Video function

I have just gotten around to reading my March issue of OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY (UK). If you have this mag, did you notice "The Pentax Opening Shot" on pages 3 & 4? On page 10 there is a listing of the results of an online Poll to find out how many OP readers with Digital SLRs with video capability actually use it? The results are interesting, and I wonder how it would compare to the same question asked in the Pentax Forums? I know that I do not use the video function on either of my cameras.

04-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I work in media, and the narrow DOF given by a DSLR over another video camera that costs twice (or more) as much is very nice. We just got a DSLR with fantastic lens (Not a pentax) at work and the first video we shot in the studio was downright amazing.

Shooting around the house, it's nice to switch from still to video on my K-x. I wish had a K5, with more control and external audio input.

I don't always use it, but I am glad its there when I want it.