Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K100D Custom White Balance Memory?

It appears to me that once I set a custom white balance, even if I turn off the camera, the CWB settings remain unchanged. Can anyone else confirm this? I can't find any mention of how volatile the CWB settings are in the manual.
Steve

10-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Sounds logical to keep the setting until it is changed. The manual, page 119 "Adjusting the White Balance Manually", says you can "store delicate shades...".

Last edited by SpecialK; 10-27-2007 at 05:09 PM.
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #3

Re:custom white balance

It will remain unchanged until you use the "Fn" button and then go in and select something else for the white balance.
10-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #4

Original Poster
K100D Custom White Balance Memory- Answer

I' got some time to do some experimenting and the Custom White Balance (CWB) settings definitely remain in memory until you specifically change them. You can change the WB setting to any other setting (AWB, Daylight, etc.), take pictures, and when you come back to the CWB option, the settings are unchanged from the last time you set them.

The CWB settings remain if you turn off the camera. I even removed the batteries for 7minutes and the CWB were the same when I turned it on again and took a picture using them.

Steve

10-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #5

Does this mean that if I set custom white bal. and leave it that every time it is used the custom white will be effective? If this is true, why would you ever change it? Sounds too good to be true.
10-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dwssas Quote
Does this mean that if I set custom white bal. and leave it that every time it is used the custom white will be effective? If this is true, why would you ever change it? Sounds too good to be true.
You would need to change it for different kind of light, if you take CWB in room A with so much of daylight, and so much of inadescent light plus some cndles, it will be effective. But as soon as you use that setting in different lightning conditions it will be rendered ineffective...
10-29-2007, 05:18 AM   #7

AXL---thank you. That makes sense.