Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #1

C-Mount To K-mount adapter.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a c-mount to k-mount adapter for such lenses like the cosimcar lenses.

04-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is no such adapter. The C-mount registration distance is much shorter than K-mount. There are adapters for m4/3 and I would assume Sony NEX and Samsung NX and EOS. But there will not be infinity focus. Registration distance is almost .5 mm shorter than even the NEX mount.
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, I was pretty sure there wasant but I saw one on B&H so I was curious if it would work or if there was one at all.

General Brand C-Mount Adapter for Pentax K Lens B&H Photo Video
04-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I put together such an adapter a couple years ago. I got a 25-42mm adapter ring and screwed it into an M42-PK adapter. It wasn't *exactly* a waste of money, but as mentioned, the register difference makes C-mount lenses totally unsuitable for anything but closeups on a PK or M42 camera. Oh goddess, not *another* closeup lens... (Why isn't the adapter wasted? I use it as a choke behind wide-open projector and enlarger lenses on an M42 bellows.)

04-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, That sounds pretty sweet, sounds like some hope. I am at school so I have no money to spend on anything and the cosimcar lenses are sooo cheap and I would love for there to be a fully functioning adapter.
04-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nckgntl Quote
Thanks, I was pretty sure there wasant but I saw one on B&H so I was curious if it would work or if there was one at all.

General Brand C-Mount Adapter for Pentax K Lens B&H Photo Video
That adapter is for mounting a K lens on a C-mount camera.

Some of the wider C-mount lenses can be reverse-mounted on bellows for macro-photography.
04-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #7

Original Poster
Oh, cool thanks. The wording threw me off cause those were the only kind I saw, so I was really shocked to see a C to K one.
04-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Yes, Cosmicar and other cine / video / C-mount lenses are often very inexpensive. There is a reason: supply and demand. Large supply, little demand. I fantasize of getting a NEX body and a C-mount adapter, so I can feed my LBA with zillions of small-format lenses. Not yet, alas...

Although I have an alternative project in mind: butcher an old digital P&S. I bought a 5mpx Digital Concepts (Sakar) luzer for US$4 shipped, because it has a fixed lens. When I get the nerve, I'll try to disassemble the camera, remove the lens, and glue a 25mm i.d. ring. Then I'll look for one of those 8mm f/1.2 babies that sell for next to nothing. Yeah, that's the current fantasy...

07-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
Inactive Account

[langtitle=fr]regarde ![/langtitle]

si tu cherche des objo monture c ( c mount )

regarde
Liste des 312 Objectifs monture c, (bis)

y a parfois des exemple, et tu pourra surtout voir s'ils sont compatible avec une bague =)

bonne recherce