Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-m- self-timer/ motor setting question.

Up until now, I had not really thought about the self-timer setting section of the K-m camera design. I have started to do some close-up pictures using the autobracket setting to try out some HDR pictures. The problem is that I also need the self-timer so camera shake does not kill the first frame in the series when slow shutter speeds are used. The problem lays in the bundled set-up of the motor drive/ self-timer/ remote control. The older SF10 used the same bundled self-timer / drive settings. The problem with the K-m is that in some cases, a number of features will be needed at any given time.

My question is are the newer models like set-up the same way? If so, I see this as a weakness in the camera design. It would be nice to see self-timer separated from the motor drive settings so these features can be used together if needed. My Fuji S1500 bridge camera can use these functions separately but the limitations of this camera are there. In areas like extreme macro used on the Pentax with a true macro lens and extension tubes are used, I need both functions if an HDR or just getting bracketed picture for editting are to be shot. Anyone have comments about this? I still like the camera but seeing the bundling on the self-time into the drive set-up mode section is a bit of downer.