Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #1

Attaching a K200 to a microscope

This is my first post and I'm not at all a camera buff so please be gentle on me

I'm currently a Chemical Engineering PhD student and I have to take photo's of stuff I'm viewing through a microscope. We currently have a circa 2001 entry level Nikon Coolpix ( I think) camera attached to the microscope to take photo's but they are not the best - the word crappy comes to mind.

My brother has a Pentax K200 and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience in attaching such a camera to a microscope? I have access to a room full of men with lathes who can turn out adaptors to change threads to different threads, but the thing I'm thinking of that may cause problems is if the lens mount is a bayonet type, like my old Minolta (Can I say that word here?).

Any thoughts people may have are greatly appreciated.

Andrew

04-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have tried with my K200D on a cheap (: toy) microscope, just to convince myself that it is doable - and my results were indeed rather crappy, but it was fun anyway.

You have access to quality microscopes and that is an entirely different story. You would normally use a camera-to-microscope adapter based upon the very old T2-mount which is still very much in use in microscopy and astro photography. So yes, it can be done and yes, you kan use any Pentax SLR or DSLR for that purpose.

You may find some inspiration here:

T-Mount Camera adapters &amp Photo Eyepiece

B.R. / Steen G. B.
04-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You might want to see if you can find one of these online somewhere at a photo retailer:
PENTAX Microscope Adapter K - Pentax Accessory Review Database - Flashes, Grips, Camera Bags

Some of the stuff here may also be useful:

Camera Adapter Kits, Pentax at Microscope.com