Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Would you accuse me of being a fanboy if I intimated that your post is on the whiny juvenile side?
"Fanboy"? Not. But, your usual self? Absolutely.

04-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by DanWeso Quote
There's the perfect Fanboy post.
04-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Actually, the poor quality of the K7 is just the final straw. The K10 was horrible, The k20 was decent., the K7 is trash,

My two K7's are up for sale. On e-bay "as-is", no return for any reason.

Pentax has lost one of its loyal supporters. You people can live in denial for as long as you want.

AMF
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I'm sorry you have had bad experiences lately.

Other people haven't. I have been more than satisfied with my equipment.

That's the way it goes, I guess. Do what you're gonna do.

04-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oscar1 Quote
Actually, the poor quality of the K7 is just the final straw. The K10 was horrible, The k20 was decent., the K7 is trash,
Now that is just plain and simply the untrue rantings of a bitter manchild. The K10 is the camera that saved Pentax's ass, the K20 was nothing but an improvement in every regard, and the K7, high ISO noise notwithstanding, is an excellent piece of machinery.
Perhaps you are in the habit of using your cameras to pound nails, I don't know, but I do hope you go away quietly and buy something that makes you less bitter.
04-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
gotta agree with wheat
i loved my K10 it was an excellent piece of kit at the time (and easily a challenger for any competing model of the vintage in it's category
the k7 has been great
so maybe it's better you go cry about some percieved flaw with your new canon or nikon on another forum
all brands have issues sometimes and any twat that thinks otherwise really needs to get a life

Sorry you had problems but i've read lot's of bitching about pretty much any camera so good luck with the change

I'll keep using my shitty k7 i guess
works for me
04-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote

Really as things becone more complicated there is more room for issues
There is also more room for user error/ lack of understanding of the technology, both of which can make even the most wondrous piece of technology seem like junk.
04-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #23
Banned

I'm not a Pentax fanboy. I bitch and whine about SDM regularly, I bitched and whined about the K-5 sensor stains more than most. I accused Pentax of all kinds of things.

...but I still think Oscar1 is WAY, WAY, WAAAAAAY off the mark with his bizarre observations.

K10D was horrible?
K20D was "decent"?
K-7 was trash?

...SERIOUSLY?!? What's wrong with you? Each and every one of those cameras was what slowly made Pentax profitable again after all those years of bleeding money. Each one was great for its time. And low-light performance notwithstanding, the K-7 was a revolutionary camera that was brilliantly designed. Why else would Nikon now be copying the design almost verbatim for the D7000?

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Wrongness oozes out of your pores and infests everything around you.

04-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #24
Veteran Member

You really are having a sad life. :confused :

QuoteOriginally posted by Oscar1 Quote

My two K7's are up for sale. On e-bay "as-is", no return for any reason.

Pentax has lost one of its loyal supporters. You people can live in denial for as long as you want.

AMF
04-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #25

Photos: Gallery
Oscar, in a democracy everyone has an opinion. You may have a point somewhere along the line but the way you are selling it is enough to get you drummed out of town. If you wanted to persuade us that Pentax is bad, you've gone about it the wrong way.

I admire the restraint of the people who have responded to you.
04-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think Oscar is trying to rewrite history. Every one of the cameras he mentioned was pretty competitive for its time. Now, clearly comparing the K10 to current cameras, you may see some lagging in features, but even now, the image quality possible from its sensor is pretty amazing.

As to why Pentax "sold" itself to Hoya. Basically, they had no game plan for achieving market share except for selling lenses as cheap as possible. Unfortunately, all this weakened the company significantly. Pre-Hoya, there were all sorts of ideas flying out of Pentax -- full frame digital, 645D, none of which came to fruition.

I don't know that Hoya really wanted Pentax's camera division. I think they were more interested in the medical division, but at least they have developed the camera division and given it more clarity (even if lens prices have jumped considerably).
04-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I have to say that Hoya is marketing their medical equipment pretty well. I'm in Poland currently and they are using Pentax bronchoscopes because they are better than the Olympus models on the market. They have better image quality and are more flexible which means more patient comfort. As for the camera division, there have been steady gains and improvements throughout the product line.

My first Pentax camera was a reliable W10. It was waterproof and was a great little camera. When it was stolen, I decided that I wanted a Dslr and I went with Pentax because of the great positive experience I had with my little W10.

Am I glad that Hoya took over Pentax?

Yes, I think Hoya gives Pentax the direction (i.e. leadership) and the funds to succeed in the camera industry.
04-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #28
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
There is also more room for user error/ lack of understanding of the technology, both of which can make even the most wondrous piece of technology seem like junk.
Spotmatic. Then Spotmatic II. New technology came out and I bit. Auto stuff that worked like a charm along as it didn't get cold outside. But it does. Put the the new, shiny stuff away for the reliable manual that kept on chugging along, even at -40F. Still have the SP II but it's lens attachment is dysfunctional. Happened during the two years it went missing after a B&E. istDs still works beautifully (within it's known faults & foibles). Ditto a wonderful K20D. Now K5 with a very useful stain the size of a tiny pin head. Quite usefull for lining up multiple exposurses or quickly noting if an HDR is aligned. Horror of horrors and totally blind to instant gratification, I actually fine focus manually much of the time and still use sunny 16 as a base for exposure. I chimp, a public confession. Sometimes I wonder if people are making pictures of light or if there is an expectation that the l'il robot in the camera should do it for us.
04-09-2011, 06:12 AM - 2 Likes   #29
Pentaxian

So anyone who just got insulted by someone who called their favourite camera a piece of junk , now has more insult piled on top of the first insult by being called a fanboy? There are some serious laws in manageing interpersonal relations that are being broken here.

My k20 isn't a piece of junk, it's a camera.saying I'm stupid enough to pay what I paid for it for junk is personally insulting.

Calling me a fanboy for liking my camera is personally insulting.

I'm sorry you've had such bad luck with your cameras, but insulting me isn't the answer.

I've had my K20D for thousands exposures, carried it on canoe trips and hikes, it's been dropped, it's gotten wet, it's been in my pack when I've slipped and fallen landing on it. ANd it's still wroking. And I'm supposed to think there is something wrong with it, because some person on the internet says he's had a problem with 2 k-5's.

Well,dude, the problem is, I don't know you, I don't know what I'd have to do to my cameras to have the problems you describe. For all I know you could be a Canon marketer just out to spread the BS. But I assume, they would be more professional.

Sorry about your difficulties klutz.

Fanboy my ass.
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #30
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Ditto

Yup. Right on.