Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree.. if you are good enough to shoot all your shots in correct exposure levels and like to do some tweaking to your shots and save a lot of HD space.. I think jpeg is the way to go. I'm still getting used to shooting with my K-5 and its been a lot of years since I used a SLR.. I try to shoot in full manual mode to make me figure my settings out instead of letting the camera do too much of the thinking... I used the green button on manual focus/aperture lenses to figure the shutter speed (then I speed it up one or two steps). So for now I shoot RAW just in case a shot has to be recovered further than a jpeg would allow. I guess I could shoot jpeg and chimp more to double & triple check exposure and histogram levels...
But in the end, it is what it is.. each shooters personal choice.. I choose RAW (since I also have the hard drive space to do so).

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, color, dslr, jpeg, photography, shot