Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-7 - can you try something for me please?

Hi

My K-7 has just come back from a repair under warranty because the front dial was misbehaving.

Having been repaired, the flash won't fire and the play button doesn't work - I expect something inside has been wired up the wrong way, but I'd like to check.

The play button doesn't do much, but fiddling with the camera here at my desk while I wait for it to be collected I've noticed that with the camera in M mode, if you press play the back display changes from saying "M manual exposure" to "AV aperture priority automatic exposure.

It has no lens on or memory card in - not sure if that would make a difference though.

Could a K-7 owner check if this is normal please?

EDIT - while seeing if anything else odd happens, it seems the answer is 'a fair bit' I have a shutter speed in B mode, when you set it to TAv on the dial it says AV on the display, and a shutter speed of 5000 is shown in X mode, although this changes with the light. Not sure how much of this oddness is because there is no lens though - any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks.

04-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While it does sound like something's gone wrong, you'll want to pop in a memory card to confirm- otherwise all bets are off. The mode dial problem seems especially suspicious, though!
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam - card and lens are at home - I brought the camera to work hoping it'd be collected today, but it'll be tomorrow apparently, so I'll take it home again and have a play.

I know the play button and flash definitely don't work - that was as far as my testing with the lens on and card in got before I packed it up again
04-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's no better with a card in and a lens on - mode dial has obviously been wired up wrongly; I can't get video mode, some modes are not available and others are selected by choosing another mode.

Back to the repair centre is goes.

Only had it 3 months.