Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any NP-400 type battery will work with the K10d (and the K20d). Without one, unless you can get a refund for a dead camera, I'd be careful even at the price. $50 is a great price for ANY Working DSLR but it's a flush down the toilet for most of them if it doesn't work (some are worth having fixed if need be).

04-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The thing about Craigslist items that are so far below their market value, you have to ask yourself, why wouldn't the person run a quick search on CL, and ask $50 below the average if he wants to move it fast? Even if he can't get any comps from Craigslist directly, he could search eBay and be enlightened.

Deals too good to be true don't happen like that. Not on Craigslist.

Last night I saw a 2011 iMac for about $250 less than average. I emailed and the person replied that they were in the UK and provided excellent, clear pictures of the computer.

The catch was, there was a Comcast remote in the background . . . so on a whim I googled the person's name, and it's a well known Craigslist scam.
04-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I got a deal on Craigslist that was "too good to be true," though it wasn't THIS too good to be true. It was a SMC-M 50mm f/4 Macro for $50, in great condition. At the time, they were going regularly on Ebay for $150. The nice thing about Craigslist is it's designed to be local. I sold my K-x yesterday through Craigslist, and I was able to show the buyer that it worked, as well as some of the useful functionality of the lens and the camera.

So, if it works, go for it. Hopefully, it's not stolen. The K-10 is a great camera, from what I've heard and seen.
04-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #19

Original Poster
Hey guys, thanks for comments and the wisdom. Guy wanted me to come get it today right after work. Told him I needed time to go home and get batteries and a lens to test everything out.

All of a sudden there was another buyer... Either I never had a chance because I have a 9 to 5 job or this guy was gonna scam me. Thanks again!

04-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
I have the opportunity to get a K10d for $50 should I go for it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
The title says K20D, and the thread says K10D.
Which is it?
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
The title says K20D, and the thread says K10D.
Which is it?
If you look at my third post you can see where I stated that I mistyped... regardless it didn't happen and I feel kind of silly for even asking now. I think I just got too excited at the idea getting one so cheap.

I really love my K-r though!
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

In many ways your kr is better
04-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Any NP-400 type battery will work with the K10d (and the K20d). Without one, unless you can get a refund for a dead camera, I'd be careful even at the price. $50 is a great price for ANY Working DSLR but it's a flush down the toilet for most of them if it doesn't work (some are worth having fixed if need be).

QuoteOriginally posted by JeremytheIndian Quote
Hey guys, thanks for comments and the wisdom. Guy wanted me to come get it today right after work. Told him I needed time to go home and get batteries and a lens to test everything out.

All of a sudden there was another buyer... Either I never had a chance because I have a 9 to 5 job or this guy was gonna scam me. Thanks again!
See there? That's why the 'no battery' thing is Always a red flag to me. Not surprised that's the way it played out.

Let's see some photos from your K-r.

04-15-2011, 05:23 AM   #24

Original Poster
Well since you asked.... These are my latest shots

Last edited by JeremytheIndian; 04-15-2011 at 10:48 AM.
04-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #25

Photos: Gallery
I have become something of an expert with Craigslist over the last 6 or 7 years. Here are some good rules of thumb I've come up with.

- If it sounds too good to be true then it is.

- the more Exclamation Points!! the worse the deal. Especially the ads telling you what a Good Deal this is!! Overselling doesn't work.

- Low price + Bad description + no photo + no phone number = stolen item. Every time.
04-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #26
Veteran Member

It's worth $50 as a doorstop.