Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
O.K, so this might be my lucky week!

Just the past friday I took my ex wife to court for more access with my daughter. she had a high priced lawyer and I kicked her butt, and I represented myself without a lawyer.
Finally my daughter gets her wish to spend more time with me!

Then I just got an e-mail from the camera shop.... My k10 and grip is in! they didn't have the lens I wanted in stock, but it will be in Thursday, and I will pick it up on Friday, and at the same time get my daughter for our access weekend.

More time with my daughter, K10, have a beautiful wife and wonderful step daughters.

LIVE CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER THEN THIS!

(well, not including finacially )

cheers

randy

12-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome news Randy! Enjoy your time with your daughter and your K10!
12-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations, on access to your daughter and on your new toy. Better keep reading that manual, because the K10D isn't a simple camera to use. (You DID download the manual, didn't you?)

Charge up that battery on Friday evening, and we will look forward to some pictures of your daughter on Saturday or Sunday.

p.s. Give your daughter a big hug! Divorce sux, especially for the children.
12-12-2006, 01:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Congratulations, on access to your daughter and on your new toy. Better keep reading that manual, because the K10D isn't a simple camera to use. (You DID download the manual, didn't you?)

Charge up that battery on Friday evening, and we will look forward to some pictures of your daughter on Saturday or Sunday.

p.s. Give your daughter a big hug! Divorce sux, especially for the children.

thank you to all!
We got separated in 1998, shortly after the death of our 4 year old son.
I have been fighting for more access since 2001. back then I had a lawyer that basically sold me out, and then in 2003 I decided to fight for myself.
My ex is a nasty you know what, and fought me tooth and nail.
All I wanted was to see my daughter more, that's all. I am a good person, great father, and never been in trouble with the law and never layed a hand on anyone.
In 2004 I was awarded every second weekend, 3 weeks in the summer, 1/2 spring break, and 2 days at christmas. I also represented myself back then, really had nothing to loose, everything to gain!
My daughter was telling my step kids how much she wanted to come up more, so after a year of thinking it through, I took her back to court x3. I just won an extra week in the summer, more calling time, and I get Nadia from christmas day at noon to New Years eve or day, alternating every year.

I am not one to boast, but for a change I can say that my daughter and I deserve this ruling from the court.
Her legal bills..... over 25,000 dollars
Mine.... 400 dollars tops, mostly for gas and lost time at work

thanks everyone!

12-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

a sad story with a happy ending. I could not imagine losing a child and then not being able to see the other as much as you like. Congrats to you.
12-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #6

Hi Randy,

Good to read your news. Hope your time with your daughter is not spoiled by playing with cameras

Divorce is never a pleasant thing, particularly when children are involved. The only winners are the laywers. Glad to read you will have more time to spend with your daughter. Treasure the time, leave the K10D till the weekend is over, if you can. But then.... How to take those prize shots... Oh the dilemma!

Still waiting for mine. UK is late in the alphabet, so late in getting deliveries from Pentax, it seems. Maybe, just maybe, I'll see it before Christmas.

Enjoy
Mike
12-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Glad the court hearing worked out for you. Now you've got to decide whether to put the K10D aside while she's with you or to take some photos of her while trying out the new rig (maybe post a photo of her for us?)

Sorry about the divorce and most certainly about your son. No winners here but glad it's working out as best possible for you.

Now doing some quick math:

$24,000 = her expenses
400 = your expenses
-----------------------------
$23,600 = savings

Man! Go out and buy another K10D and a satchel full of lenses! You earned it! (JKOC)

Have fun with the camera and hug your daughter for all of us,

Dan
12-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Congrats on the shower of good fortune! Divorce courts seem to be pretty biased against dads, so good on you for getting more time with your daughter. Enjoy your extra time together, I hope you can find a little time for the camera.

Julie