Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Tamron Telconverters on DSLRs

I just got a reply from Tamron to a question I asked about their AF converters. I think you might be interested to know what they told me. Tamron has discontinued all their AF converters. They claim they do not work well with digital lenses or digital cameras. This has to do with image quality and autofocus. They recommend using them only on film cameras or in manual mode on a digital. This seems to be in contrast to the high ratings these converters get in the lens reviews of this forum. I know that other manufacturers are still making AF converters and promoting them for digital cameras. I would be interested in hearing the experience of my fellow forum members. I have an old non AF 2X converter and use it successfully with my Tamorn AF zoom lenses. I was hoping to upgrade to an AF model when I got this information. What do you think?

04-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its so easy to crop nowadays, not like the days of film, when you either had to pay through the nose if you wanted a cropped print or have your own darkroom. Why bother?