Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #16
Tom
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Don't forget the A 35-105 /f3.5. It's kinda heavy, but great IQ !

11-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #17
Forum Member

Just a quick addition to Lowell Goudge; M42 are screw mount but there are two types, one has a 1mm pitch (Pentax & others) & one has a 0.75mm pitch (T-Mount). If you put a T-Mount Adaptor on a Pentax screw mount lens (or vice -versa) you will need to get it off with a hacksaw. I know from experience.
11-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #18
Forum Member

Those are considered very desirable lens.

The A 50mm 1.4 is very popular.
The 70-210 is a keeper too.
Same with the 28mm.

Very impressive start to a lens collection.
11-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tauni Quote
Absolutely spot on mate. So they are pretty damn good lenses then ay? Score one for me. Gonna have to thank the old man.

I figured I wouldnt have any auto focus or anything as theyre older lenses but this is working out better than I expected. All I need to do is buy a flash which I actually looked at today. min of about AU$500

Also need to buy lens hood for being out in the sun and such at car shows etc.

Thanks Andreas. you blokes are all champs.
You don't need a lens hood for the A 70-210/4. Just pull out the end of the lens furthest from the camera - it has a built in lens hood.

You will need hoods for the others. For the 28, I would recommend hunting around for the rectangular hood - it's more effective than a generic round one, as long as you put it on correctly - printing visible from the top, parallel to the top of the camera. Or the bottom. There's printing on both sides.