Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if you see it in the viewfinder, it's not on the sensor. if you see it in your pictures, it is.

04-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by freddykrueger Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
As far as know, none of the Pentax dSLRs has that functionality.
645D can do that. It has even a dial especially for it.
K-7 can do that too. Without the direct control though. It's in the timer menu - the M.UP setting. I expect the K-5 can do it as well.

See what you miss for not reading the manual!
04-25-2011, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vegabraveian Quote
Oh.. I see..so Pentax Kx doesn't have mirror lock up.....maybe i have to use slow speed to clean inner sensor from dust yah..(
I guess I couldn't make myself clear, functionally it does have a MLU, 2 sec delay will do in most cases. You'll understand better when you check this graph.

Nikon D200 mirror slap vibrations

Here is the full link
http://aaronlinsdau.com/gear/articles/d200_vibration.html
04-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #19
Forum Member

Oh.. I see..so Pentax Kx doesn't have mirror lock up.....maybe i have to use slow speed to clean inner sensor from dust yah...I Think my K-x shown few dust because I often change my lens and maybe my sensor exposed by few dust...

It's not affect but I feel not comfort when I look at the viewfinder and there is (look like) black point inside...I'm sure there is from my camera because i tried few lens and having the same dust position....

Sometimes I think it from the viewfinder but it's not proven before I clean my sensor....I hope it's fine...
If you can see it in the viewfinder, it isn't on the sensor. But if you want to clean the sensor, you can activate cleaning in menu, it will lock up the mirror and you can clean the sensor with a rocket blower.

Last edited by freddykrueger; 04-26-2011 at 12:36 AM.
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by freddykrueger Quote
If you can see it in the viewfinder, it isn't on the sensor. But if you want to clean the sensor, you can active cleaning in menu, it will lock up the mirror and you can clean the sensor with a rocket blower.
Oke...get it..that's what i want to do...
I should read the manual book but unlucky me...It's on Japan language and there is no English at all..I'm blind with this camera...if there someone have the PDF K-x I will be happy....
04-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
I guess I couldn't make myself clear, functionally it does have a MLU, 2 sec delay will do in most cases. You'll understand better when you check this graph.

Nikon D200 mirror slap vibrations

Here is the full link
A and N Photography: D200 vibration on a tripod?

You're clear, I just don't understand with menu tools on K-x honeslty...I'm just afraid to try that might be having bad effect to my camera....
04-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #22
Forum Member

Oke...get it..that's what i want to do...
I should read the manual book but unlucky me...It's on Japan language and there is no English at all..I'm blind with this camera...if there someone have the PDF K-x I will be happy....
You can find it @ pentaximaging.com under the support -> downloads and literature section.
05-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #23

Live View Mirror Move Up

Is there any value in using live view for reducing potential camera vibration due to mirror movement during the use of autobracketing. In a K-X you can't use 2 sec timer (mirror move up) and autobracketing together. I don't fully understand this up and down movement of the mirror that is mentioned here in live view.

Thanks,
Mike

01-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
Site Supporter

I was playing around with this today. The mirror lock-up works using the Self-Timer and the IR remote. Set the self-timer with the 2 sec. option or if using the remote use the 3 sec. option (I have the remote and it works great). See pages 131-135 of the K-x Operating Manual. My also want to also set "AF with Remote Control" to ON so the camera will auto focus when the IR remote is used. Do this in Custom 2 - #11 - default is 1 (off) (see page 135 of manual).