Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
KM and Eye-fi card

For some reason Eye-fi doesn't have the KM/K2000 listed on their site. There is one comment on the forums from someone who said he got it working, but didn't say much else. Has anyone used an eye-fi card with this camera and was it working okay? I'm thinking about getting one. Does it need a firmware update or anything else?
How do I even update the firmware?

04-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have used the X2 Pro card with my K20d and it seemed to work OK (as well as this thing does work!!)

To upgrade the firmware on the card, you plug it into a card reader that they provide, it's just a normal SD card and their software will update the firmware on the Eyefi card. If it's the firmware on the camera that needs updating, there are a number of threads on that subject here. I don't feel competent enough to describe that procedure.

Make sure you purchase it from somewhere where you can return it. Mine is going back since although it's a good idea in principal, as far as I'm concerned the company hasn't got the idea nailed in actual fact.

Michael
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I plan to use it to transfer photos to my iphone on the go. I've got no issues popping the card into the card reader on my desktop when I'm home. I managed to update my KM software okay yesterday. So no worries there.