Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #1

Shutter release question on the k-x

I was looking at yongnuo trigger/receiver for a manual flash and it said it was also a shutter release. I think you have to plug it into the camera which I think I can't do.

If I got an IR shutter release and I had a wireless trigger (any brand), and this sounds dumb as I am writing it, but will that IR shutter release also fire the trigger/receiver? I'm guessing yes because the trigger's on the hotshoe?

I am also guessing I need a different body to use the rf-602 shutter release capability (how would I fire that anyway, does it have a handheld?)

04-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, the remote should release the shutter and fire the flash mounted to the hotshoe. I don't know about that brand and model, but the Pentax remote F, or one of its clones, should work with the K-X. Here is one.
Remote Control F for PENTAX K-M K200D K100D K20D K10D | eBay

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, fire, ir, photography, release, shutter