Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #1

HELP! Glitch and file loss! K200D

I shot a wedding yesterday. Later in the day, I was looking over my work again and trying some of the camera's built in filters on the pictures. Suddenly, the thing locks up, the screen starts filling with question marks and the LEDs are blinking randomly. After a few seconds it went back to normal and now only 50 of my 200 pictures are still on the flash drive.

Can anybody tell me what the heck is going on and how to get my pictures back? Would an undelete program work? Help!

04-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by kzp70 Quote
I shot a wedding yesterday. Later in the day, I was looking over my work again and trying some of the camera's built in filters on the pictures. Suddenly, the thing locks up, the screen starts filling with question marks and the LEDs are blinking randomly. After a few seconds it went back to normal and now only 50 of my 200 pictures are still on the flash drive.

Can anybody tell me what the heck is going on and how to get my pictures back? Would an undelete program work? Help!
Don't know what's going on but I successfully used this program to recover files (even gigs of movies) off of my SD card:
Test Disk

not sure if I actually used that site to download it, but that's the program (warning, the interface is not graphical, just text-based).
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, for starters, don't do anything else to that card, don't add photos or change anything! More follows...

(Edit: Ok, now time to talk data-recovery... Basically, yes, programs exist. I had a problem with lost files and it seems Sandisk's 'REscuePro' may actually be the best, though it costs money and you may not need to go there, depending how bad it is. (In my case, I seem to have complicated matters by not noticing the data loss (Or, apparently, that my backing-up procedure failed: the whole thing may have been caused by some human error on my part at that point,) until I'd done some more shooting. )

You can try recommended free ones, but in my case, they didn't work. Doesn't seem to hurt anything to try, though. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-24-2011 at 12:10 PM.
04-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just wondered what kind of batteries are you using in what mA?

04-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #5

kzp70,
You may want to try the free program Recuva. It's worked for me in the past, to some degree. You may find it quite useful.

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download