Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Eye-Fi - instant Wi-Fi capabilities for your Pentax

Eye-Fi is a 2GB SD card with built-in wi-fi. Looks quite interesting. Only works with JPG at the present but it should be a simple modification to work with all file types in the future. You can elect to upload to your own computer, upload to web or both using the Eye-Fi service. Cost: US$99.

10-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #2

Bit of a bummer that it needs an open wifi network, or setup for your home network.

Cheaper than brand specific wifi for shooting "tethered"? Not sure how many uses it has actually.
10-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would have been interesting, but its so stupid not to allow for any format youd like, just for transfering to the computer, I dont care if RAW doesnt work with the auto upload to sites feature. I bet the have software on the card that scans for files ending with .jpg so changing that to look for .pef or .dng would be such a simple change. What a waste...
10-31-2007, 01:16 AM   #4

it definatley sucks that it doesnt support raw. i do extensisve shooting tethered to my laptop whenever available( just saves time and energy) but the cord gets in the way when im trying different angles. the wifi aspect would be pretty benificial to me personaly