Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
it is accurate no question about it, in my opinion and experience with other cameras they always (at least more often than pentax) catch in focus subjects in front.

example, if you bring a person on front of camera and you have 5 points Af, and person fits into even 1 point my canon will focus on that person no matter what the background is, kx will or wont depends on background ( contrast but i think its light as well or even just light)

thats a bad thing about kx, there are ways to deal with it ofc, and i do, but walking around shooting all and nothing, i prefer 5p af, its fine, just sometimes i shoot with lighter background ( further person and closer to background is, its harder to spot in view finder where camera chose focus) and im shooting, and annoyingly i get focus not when i would like to have, where walking with canon, its much much less of chance that af will do same mistake as kx.

dunno why, for p&s purposes its pretty annoying, but i can get around, simply takes picture or two to realize that.

sterretje

1- it does
2 - when i cant 5p af focus where i want
3 - no i dont, c above
3s - sometimes when all fails, i said that before
3b - assist lamp on my af360 goes on i only really dark situations same as pop up flash af assistance
3c - k-5 in few months or maybe k5 replacement if will be available

and your story, had similar, went to london, couldn't focus on something, switched to center, few mins later i gave camera to my friend to shot few pics of me, and when i got back home, i noticed that i have not a single sharp picture of me in london

shit happens :P