Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #1

Calling Samsung GX-20 Users?

Hi Guys,

Hope I'm in the right forum here!!!
I got a gx-20 couple years back and only starting to get a grips with it!!
Having a few issues though!!
Just set up home studio and took few photos of a friends wee boy but when I open raw file in CS2 the colours are so washed out and faded looking I have to really corrrect for this - is there any way of doing htis more accurately found something online bout ICC profile but am completely confused - any help would be great,

Thanks

04-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi,

This is definitely the right forum! Plenty of us GX-20 users here.
Now, assuming you have the Adobe Camera Raw updated, you should be able to select a different Camera Profile in the Camera Calibration section after you open a DNG in Photoshop.
The Embedded profile may have more washed-out colors so try picking Adobe Standard or ACR.
I hope this helps.

Andrei
04-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi thanks for that,

unfortunately I'm a bit of a novice to photoshop too!!!
I am using CS2 and there are limited options. Not sure hoe to get adobe raw update!!
However I did open file in samsung raw converter and colour was so much better so will prob do this then save as tiff and then work on it in photoshop!!!

My bigggest prob it seems is trying to get colour brightness right for printing!!!
It also looks perfect on screen!!!!