Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #1

K10D and flash

I primarily shoot in "P" mode with the K10D. I don't like the built in flash on the camera at all. When I am shooting in relatively low light the green "stop sign " lights up in the view finder calling for flash. I don't want to use the flash, but the camera will not "fire". I find this very annoying and want the camera to take the picture without the flash. I do not have the flash popped up, and still the camera will not let me shoot. How do I disable this very annoying feature?

Thanks

05-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Manstett Quote
When I am shooting in relatively low light the green "stop sign " lights up in the view finder calling for flash
That's the Focus Indicator. It has nothing to do with flash. What the camera is doing is trying to lock focus before it will take the picture. In low-light conditions, it's harder for the camera to focus.

When you get the hexagon (not an octagon), the camera has achieved focus and will fire if you keep the shutter button held down.
05-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Continuation of Dave's post above....

In AF-S mode, the camera won't fire if it can't lock focus. If you want the camera to fire even when focus is not locked, use AF-C.
05-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your prompt responses and explanations...it all makes sense now!!

05-03-2011, 04:42 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Manstett Quote
it all makes sense now!!
Oh dear, you're the latest victim of the all-pervading affliction which is photography!