Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #1

For what they are worth: Used Cameras

Last edited by a.seki; 08-20-2011 at 06:24 PM.
05-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
used material, body wise, should be purchased from people who offer some guarantees...if you can touch and test it before it's better. The other way is to buy it from a reputable source..someone with a, kind-of, trust connection (that's why the feedback exist in the marketplace and that is why to sell in it there are certain requirements).
I wouldn't buy a buggy camera, and about the k20d you can find all the info in other threads (ask him for the shutter count...that will indicate how much the camera has been used and how many actuations it has probably left before a failure).
I've been following K7 bodies for some time now, but haven't had the money nor the courage to do the leap of faith required to buy something sensitive from a particular that doesn't offer any warranty.
05-02-2011, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As the OP is apparently fairly new to this forum (based on posts), I have to say that the marketplace on this forum, for me, has been very open, honest, and fair on all of the items I've bought over the past several years. My most recent purchase was an almost new K-5 from a member who tossed in a few extras, gave great communication, and was very quick at shipping and delivery. That's not to say that every transaction on this site is perfect, but I think if you shop here for used equipment you are very likely to be very happy with your purchases.

Ask questions of the seller, look at images of the equipment from the seller, discuss return policy if you feel the need and consider people's ratings in this.

The one universal thing I've noted about items in the PF marketplace is that they are well described. That helps me a lot.
05-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #4

You're probably better off searching for used camera's on pentaxforums in NL or BE
It's no guarantee but usually the stuff sold there isn't as bad as some on ''marktplaats'' can be.
Another plus is that prices are usually better compared to mp.